Wydra, Rebecca (University of Wisconsin-Madison)



Sustainable Carpet Analysis 2007

Change.
Abundance of Information.
Research.
Personal Responsibility.
Evaluate.
Teaching Others.

As designers in an ever changing industry, it is timely and impossible to sort through the infinite amount of information available on sustainable products. As I researched the carpet industry, I came across several factors on which I evaluated each company. After researching the carpet industry, I developed a "nutrition label" for each company in an attempt to make the information more transparent to designers. With this Sustainable Carpet Analysis, designers should try to specify eco-friendly carpets for every project, not just ones that are striving to be LEED Certified. Thanks to Nicolette, my green mentor, and the sustainable design task force for all the help. Enjoy!

Here is the entire pdf for your viewing pleasure:

http://www.mediafire.com/?8lxuugens3p

No comments: